With two weeks until Big Ten bowl games kick off, let’s take a look at how much the lines have moved in the eight days since they were first set.
Based on today’s lines, Big Ten teams are still a 36-point cumulative underdog. The good news is that is down from 43.5. Money’s headed in the Big Ten’s way!
Both the opening line and today’s lines are from the Wynn sports book in Vegas.
- Opening line: Western Michigan -1 vs. Purdue
- Today: Purdue -2
- Opening line: Iowa vs. Oklahoma -16
- Today: Oklahoma -14
Meineke Car Care of Texas
- Opening line: Texas A&M -11 vs. Northwestern
- Today: Texas A&M -10
Kraft Fight Hunger
- Opening line: Illinois -1.5 vs. UCLA
- Today: Illinois -2.5
- Opening line: Houston -9 vs. Penn State
- Today: Houston -5.5 (not listed at the Wynn, but you can get it at -5 or -5.5 everywhere else)
- Opening line: Michigan State vs. Georgia -2
- Today: Georgia -3.5
- Opening line: Nebraska -1 vs. South Carolina
- Today: South Carolina -2
- Opening line: Ohio State vs. Florida -1.5
- Today: Florida -2
- Opening line: Wisconsin vs. Oregon -5.5
- Today: Oregon -6 (and over/under is 73)
- Opening line: Michigan vs. Virginia Tech (pick ‘em)
- Today: Michigan -2.5 (not listed at Wynn, but you can get it at -2 or -2.5 everywhere else)
Biggest movers: Purdue flips to a favorite, with the line moving three points. Penn State is still a 5.5-point underdog – down from the nine of the opening line (take Houston now, please), while Michigan has emerged as a 2.5-point favorite after opening as a pick ‘em.