It’s ACC-Big Ten Challenge day – or as we like to call it: Big Ten-ACC Challenge day, because we’re parochial like that.
Before we get to our picks, here’s some trivia:
- The ACC has won the challenge 10 of the 12 years.
- The Big Ten, however, is on a two-year winning streak.
- No Big Ten team has a winning record in the Challenge (Wisconsin and Ohio State are both .500, while Nebraska is 0-0).
- Iowa has the worst record at 2-8. Indiana is not far behind at 3-7.
- After losing to North Carolina and Duke, we’re pretty sure Michigan State will not be winning the ACC this year.
That should leave you with enough information to be interesting at your Big Ten-ACC Challenge watching parties (those exist, right?).
Update: Here are your Day 2 pregame stories: Wisconsin at North Carolina, Indiana at North Carolina State, Florida State at Michigan State, Wake Forest at Nebraska, Virginia Tech at Minnesota, and Penn State at Boston College.
Here are the official Daily Big Ten site picks (feel free to add your own picks in the comments):
The excellent kenpom.com has a statistical breakdown of why we may not be completely full of it with our Big Ten-centric picks.